The boxing gloves alone are insufficient to provide the optimal protection, and security one needs while fighting or boxing in tournaments or training sessions.
You also need to wrap your hands and cover your wrist, knuckles, and palm with a hand wrap for supplementary protection from the instant and unpredictable strong punches from your opponents.
It also offers your hand a significant amount of relaxation while you throw intense, complex, and fast punches at your opponent’s face.
This article has listed the best boxing hand wraps available in the market with their popular features.
Best Boxing Hand Wraps in 2022
Venum Boxing Hand Wraps
The Venum leads the world in manufacturing sports accessories for fighters, boxers, MMA, Brazilian Jujitsu, Muay Thai, and Karate.
It also manufactures accessories for fitness, cross-fit, Pilates, and others. The hand wraps are imperative for boxers and fighters to use while training to prevent major hands injury.
The Venom Boxing hand wraps are made from elastic cotton to deliver a perfect and comfortable fit. They offer the optimal amount of protection and are pretty easy to use.
The thumb straps provided in the hand wraps feature a hook and loop closure that delivers a customized, robust fit.
These are the tradition l boxing hand wraps preferred by almost every boxer and fighter for customizable fit and available in different colors.
Hawk Padded Inner Gloves
The boxing hand wraps from the HAWK are designed using high-quality cotton material. The cotton is breathable and pretty resilient.
The hand wrap also includes outstanding inner gloves that extend the durability of the hand wraps.
The knuckle positioning is rather appropriate to protect the boxers and fighters from extreme knuckle injury.
The hand wraps offer a multi-layered ultra-shock absorbing foam gel padding to prevent damage to knuckles, fists, and wrists while throwing heavy and intense punches.
The wrap is essentially made extra-long up to 36 inches to offer additional security to the wrists of the boxers and fighters.
The hand wraps have also included an open thumb character to augment the level of protection.
The over-lock stitching and the hook and loop closure system offer the boxers, filters, men, and women a customizable and durable fit.
They are easy to use, washable, and have a pretty quick dry feature. The hand wraps from Hawk come with a three-year replacement warranty and offer its users exceptional performance for quite a long time.
Ringside Mexican Style Boxing Hand Wraps
This boxing hand wrap from Ringside resembles the design and construct of the Mexicans. They are designed with authentic Mexican material.
The 180 inches of hand wrap is made from an elastic cotton blend to deliver the boxers and fighters with ultimate comfort and sustenance.
The Ringside also includes a thumb loop on the hand wraps to offer additional protection and security.
The hook and loop closure system introduced in these hand wraps provides a customized and durable fit.
These boxing hand wraps offer an optimal amount of protection to the most significant asset of a boxer, and they are the fist, wrist, and knuckles.
They are easy to put on and off in just seconds. They are washable in machines, and the sparring and had wrapped in bags include one pair in your choice of color.
Meister Adult 180” Hand Wraps
The full-length hand wraps from Meister are designed especially for MMA, Boxing, Muay Thai, and other combat sports.
The extended length of the wrap is designed to completely cover 180” of the wrist, hand, and knuckles to provide ultimate security and protection from the complex and sudden impacts from the opponent.
The full-length hand wraps from Meister don’t increase the overall bulk of the accessory; instead, they maintain the lightweight nature.
These hand wraps from Meister are designed using supreme quality cotton and spandex blend material to provide complete support to the wrist, hand, and knuckles.
The customizable and durable fit of the Meister Adult Boxing hand wraps features an oversized Velcro strap to offer the boxers with required tightness.
The hand wrap also includes thumb loops, and they provide a secure and snug fit preventing them from coming off while training.
The boxing hand wraps from Meister have a three-pair pack of three different colors; black, white, and red.
Everlast Professional Hand Wraps
The professional hand wraps from the Everlast are made from polyester and nylon blend material.
These materials are ever-lasting, as the name suggests, and are exceptionally breathable as well as comfortable in nature.
The hand wraps also include thumb loops with a hook-loop closure system to offer a secure and snug fit to the boxers, fighters, etc.
These boxing hand wraps have been subjected to Ever Fresh treatment to prevent the build-up of irresistible odor and bacterial growth.
The Everlast hand wraps offer the ultimate level of protection and security to the hands, wrists, tendons, and knuckles from constantly punching or hitting a heavy bag or opponent.
The Everlast offers its customers a warranty of 120 days from the date of purchase. They ensure the products remain defect-free in materials and workmanship for this period.
They offer a replace or repair policy within this period in case of a defect, although the product should not be subjected to apparent exploitation and negligence.
How to Put on Hand Wraps: Step by Step Process
The boxing wraps are used to wrap around the hand to protect and support the movements of the wrist, knuckles, and tendons. They are worn before the boxing gloves by the boxers for additional protection and support.
However, it is essential to learn the basic technique to wrap the hand wraps around your hand securely. Below, we have mentioned the instruction on how to wrap a hand wrap:
- The first and foremost step is to spread your fingers as far as possible and loosen all the muscles involved. The boxing hand wraps are designed to support different kinds of movements by hands while boxing. Therefore, it is evident to uncover the wrap to all the movements.
- The next step is to insert the thumb through the thumb hole located at the opposite end of the Velcro strap.
- Now, confirm the base of the wrap is located in contradiction of your hand. Many of the hand wraps include a tag or a printed place to let the boxers know the side to be faced down.
- The next step includes the wrapping of the hand wrap around the wrist. Starting from the back of the wrist, wind the wrap for 3-4 times or more depending upon your wrist size and the amount of stability attainment. Finish off the wrapping at the inside of the wrist.
- Now, the wrap is hauled around the back of the hand above the thumb and transversely over the palm to the further side.
- Repeat the process three times with the wrap ending in the interior of the hand beside the thumb.
- To wrap around the thumb, start from wrapping around the wrist one time and ending near the thumb.
- Now, wrap around the thumb from the bottom to the top then back to the bottom. Finish the last round by wrapping the wrist for one more time.
- The next step is to wrap the fingers with the hand wrap. It begins at the base of the wrist then around the top of the hand to the ring and little finger.
- Now repeat the process by winding the wrap from the base of your wrist over the top of the hand to the space between the ring and middle finger.
- The last wrap is from the inside of the wrist to the top of the hand and between the middle and index finger. The wrap for this step completes at the base of the wrist.
- The next step is to wrap around the hands; beginning around the base of the wrist to the outside of the wrist diagonally.
- Then continue the wrapping around the palm just above the thumb and repeat the process till the complete use of the length of the wrap. Finally, finish the wrapping right around the wrist.
- Finally, secure the wrap in place with a Velcro strap then flex your hand and try some of the punching movements and ensure the fit is comfortable.
- Repeat the whole process with the other hand in the same manner as suggested.
It can be quite a challenge to wrap using the non-dominant hand; however, once you practice regularly, it will come easy. Thus, allow yourself time to work through the process slowly.
Meanwhile, you can sometimes ask your fellow players or coach to help you wrap the hand wrap.
Hand wraps are essential in boxing if you want to protect your hands from unforeseeable and damaging injuries.
And while there are a lot of alternatives available in the market, we have tried our best to narrow down only the best for you.
Just like other necessary boxing protection gear like body protectors and headgear, hands wraps are an essential addition that can’t be ignored.
We hope this article helps you find the ideal hand wrap to keep you safe and protected in boxing tournaments.