Looking for a new workout, which is fun, and challenging as well? You should definitely try half-hour heavy-bag HIIT workout. It is the most effective boxing workout; that improves your coordination and punch accuracy.
You can fire up your metabolism rate by adding some new moves to your current training routine. Keep scrolling to learn more about those magical moves, which will help you build an attractive physique.
The moves may look similar to other punching shots, but you’ll get the best result only when you will follow the exact rules and positions. So, have a close look at each point.
Learn the moves and set the 30 Min Heavy bag HIIT routine on fire.
Before starting any workout, warming up your body with some simple moves is important. The warm-up season reduces muscle soreness and the risk of serious injury.
Just stretching and circling arms and roping for 5 minutes is enough to loosen up the spine, shoulder, and other muscles.
Boxer’s Shuffle around the Bag for 2 minutes
- Stand facing punching bag
- Shuffle around the bag for 60 seconds; start in the right direction.
- Now reverse the direction and repeat it for 60 seconds.
Circle Your Arms for 2 minutes
- Stand straight and keep your arms straight at your sides.
- Now, rotate at the shoulder and circle your arms forward with small controlled motions.
- Keep making the circle bigger until you feel the stretch in your triceps and continue for 60 seconds.
- Now switch your direction and do the same for 60 seconds.
High Knees for 60 seconds
- Keep jogging in place
- Raise your knee as high as your chest.
- Continue for 60-seconds.
The Plank punches are intermediate-level cardio exercise; that mainly focuses on toning abs and arms. It’s all about balance and less about power.
- Plank Punches for 5 minutes
- Keep the bag in front of you and start in a high plank position.
- Balance your body on your left elbow and fist to lift your right arm. Lift it at your shoulder height.
- Aside from extending your arm, you also have to maintain a straight line from your arm to the back.
- Now, deliver one Jab to the punching bag.
- Follow the same with the left arm.
- Keep repeating the moves for five minutes.
Jab – Cross –Hook for 5-minutes
The Jab is a typical straight punch thrown with the lead hand. The cross moves refer to the reverse straight punch. The hook is also an effective counter-striking weapon, which is also a power punch; thrown with the front hand.
- Get in a fighting stance, and stand one hand away from the bag.
- Throw the Jab-Cross moves, counting One and Two.
- Next, hit a right hook with increased power. Now imagine you’re about to knock out your opponent, so follow the right-hand hook quickly.
- Repeat these three moves for five minutes.
Alternating Body Shots with Straight Punches for 5 minutes
Body shots are the sets of exercises; where you need to throw multiple jabs in a row at your opponent to cover up and limit their vision.
- Get in the boxing stance in front of the bag.
- Throw four straight punches aiming at the same striking point.
- Alternate the left and right power punches or body shots focusing on speed and power to the count of ten.
- Repeat for five minutes
COOL DOWN in 5 MINUTES
HIIT workout is a high-intensity exercise, so you have to do the stretching exercises for at least 5 minutes as recovery time.
Core Stretch for 60 seconds
- Lie flat on your belly.
- Keep your palms on the floor next to the shoulders
- Slowly lift your torso upwards by keeping your hips on the floor.
- Keep your arm straight and lift your head slowly.
- Hold this stretching position for 60 seconds
Shoulder Stretches for 2 minutes
- Expand your right arm straight across the chest.
- Pull the right hand using your left hand until you feel a stretch in your shoulders.
- Hold in this position for 60 seconds
- After 1 minute, repeat with the other arm.
Lower Back Stretch for 2 minutes
- Sit on the floor by keeping your legs wide apart or outstretched.
- Bend your right knee, place your right leg over the left leg and place the right foot on the floor.
- Twist your torso to the right, supporting your left arm. You have to place your left hand on the right knee for support here. Keep twisting it until you feel a stretch in the low back portion.
- Hold this position for 60 seconds
- Repeat with the left leg and stay for another 60 seconds
If you are planning a quick 15-minute Heavy-Bag HIIT Workout routine, then you can follow the same exercise pattern given here but reduce the time in half. Especially, you can cut down some minutes in warming up and cooling down.
Instead of focusing on the length of the exercise routine, HIIT workouts focus on how hard you can exercise. The moves are highly effective for fat burn and muscle building.
The moves are a good alternative to standard cardio workouts but easier on joints, as the high-intensity exercise routine is broken up by rest periods.
When you combine the HIIT workout with your boxing routine, you’ll have a great physique within the short time; that you dream about.